Two-Tone Buddy Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Tone Buddy Seats?

Two-tone Super Soft buddy seats: For what year(s) (e.g., 60 only?) would a white top/skirt and black sides be correct? Would a white top/skirt and red sides be correct for any year(s)?

They all look great to me, but I would like to know what HD offered. It seems like "black and white" may mean something different in certain years. The images I see (e.g., in HD catalogs and ads and elsewhere) appear to be inconsistent, but it’s sometimes difficult for me to distinguish colors, piping, and what’s original vs. recover vs. seat cover, etc.

1960 Accessories Catalog:

1961 Model Material (dated July 1960):

1961 Accessories Catalog:

May 1961 Enthusiast:

AMCA Winner:

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Sample photo of two-tone seat with white top

Another sample photo of two-tone seat with white top (May 1964 Enthusiast). When I first saw 60 accessories catalog, I wondered if B/W and R/W options for 60 each have white top. Palmer indicates that 60 B/W style is white top. Field indicates that 60 B/W style is black top. Neither mentions B/W style change or piping. Both indicate that 60-64 R/W style is red top. Both indicate that all white style was introduced in 60 (Palmer: late 60). I can't find any images of all white style until late 61 in new model 62 literature.

May 1964 Enthusiast:

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
    X