Panhead crankcase guard finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead crankcase guard finish

What is the correct finish for the 1950 crankcase guard, anyone?? Parkerized or painted or both?? Thanks, John

IMG_20200111_134127_604.jpg

good question, I have the same question for the 48 Panhead. I researched it some months ago and came up with 'parkerized' but can't find the source now.

Comment

Originally posted by harleygreg View Post
      good question, I have the same question for the 48 Panhead. I researched it some months ago and came up with 'parkerized' but can't find the source now.
      I searched the Palmer Tome and find no mention of the skid plate and can't find a good picture or description anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hack View Post
        I searched the Palmer Tome and find no mention of the skid plate and can't find a good picture or description anywhere.
        Not sure where you are looking but I see it listed in every year in the finishes listings.....
        And it is under "Parkerized".
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
          Not sure where you are looking but I see it listed in every year in the finishes listings.....
          And it is under "Parkerized".
          Thanks, I skimmed over it because it was tucked in right behind the Glide Fork and Springer head cone nut.

Comment

Working...
          X