o-ring manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o-ring manifolds

If you've ever had a problem with a leaky rubber band manifold, I found these o-rings online, and they have worked for me on my '55 and my wife's '65. The pic shows the original o-ring on the left, the fatter one on the right, and the legend and description of the fatter o-ring in the middle.....Cheers, Omar

Here's Buna-N in P4gas, Omar!

It swells.

I rely upon JAMES true viton O-rings at eight bucks a pair. They only stain.

....Cotten
    Attached Files
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Not that I doubt you, Mr, Cotten, but here's a pic of two of the o-rings. The one on the right is just out of the package, the one on the left has been soaking in gas for 8 hours. Maybe a little swell, but, all things considered, that part is not swimming in gas when it's on the bike. My guess would be that any gas that lands on it when you shut the bike off would probably dissipate immediately, and any that would be on the part when you start it cold wouldn't stay on the part for long. Sorry for the 2 pics. They are both of the same shot. Unsure of the term P4 gas. This one was soaked in 91 octane non-ethanol, which is all I run in any of my old bikes.

Last edited by Omarttentmaker; 08-13-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
        Not that I doubt you, Mr, Cotten, but here's a pic of two of the o-rings. The one on the right is just out of the package, the one on the left has been soaking in gas for 8 hours. Maybe a little swell, but, all things considered, that part is not swimming in gas when it's on the bike. My guess would be that any gas that lands on it when you shut the bike off would probably dissipate immediately, and any that would be on the part when you start it cold wouldn't stay on the part for long. Sorry for the 2 pics. They are both of the same shot. Unsure of the term P4 gas. This one was soaked in 91 octane non-ethanol, which is all I run in any of my old bikes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25524[/ATTACH]
        Go for it then, Omar!

Better have a good petcock....

Viton takes all the gamble out of it.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776

Comment

Yes, I do have a good petcock. We had discussion that earlier. You remember, extra virgin olive oil and cigarette ashes to lap in the seat in the shut-off fitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
            Yes, I do have a good petcock. We had discussion that earlier. You remember, extra virgin olive oil and cigarette ashes to lap in the seat in the shut-off fitting?
            Sorry Omar,...

I've forgotten how many have professed that to me.. and I bite my tongue before I point out that it's a lot of hassle to push off the threaded collar pressed upon the rod so the rod can be fully spun to lapp, and then hope it goes back on exactly the same way. Otherwise you are just building up a seat of pressed ashes.

Whatever works!

....Cotten
            PS: I just chuck up the rod and set the compound feed to 45 degrees (ninety on the point), and skim it clean of generations of wear.
            Then cram it in the brass seat held in a vise real tight a few times. Whatever works for you!

My point was Buna-N ain't for everyone. Seasonal replacement would be prudent.

The really tortured example in my previous attachment shows where "Super Clamps" held it so firmly it extruded everywhere it could when it expanded.

Its not that Buna-N ain't a good product.
            Its just that P4gas is that evil.

And it ain't just the ethanol.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-14-2019, 07:48 AM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

Yeah, Buna is not for everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X