1955 Front fender badge location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Front fender badge location

Does anyone out there have an original 1955 FL or FLH? I need the location of the front fender badge. Either the measurement from the front edge of the fender to the lower point of the badge or from the upper edge of the stainless to the lower point of the badge. Thanks for any help. Dave

Dave, I don't have the bike anymore, but maybe these pictures could help you, it was an original fender repaint.
    Attached Files
    Bruce Keith
    AMCA #1467

Comment

Bruce, thanks for the pictures. Gives me some idea about where it should go. Is that Pepper Red?
      Dave

Comment

Dave, yes, Pepper Red. I had a paint swatch card from Antique Cycle Supply in Michigan, (no longer in business), and I had my painter match it the best he could.
        Bruce Keith
        AMCA #1467

Comment

Bruce, I use to get those samples from Antique Cycle Supply, too. I got lucky this time and found an unopened can of Pepper Red. Going to spray a sample for my paint store to match to.

Comment

Memory tells me those holes in the fender were slots, not round.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
              Memory tells me those holes in the fender were slots, not round.
              Yup,your memory is still pretty good, slots with rounded ends. I guess I would call them elongated holes.

Comment

Chris & John, I know the holes for the stainless fender tip were elongated because the studs on the back of the tip were at an angle. Were the holes for the badge elongated also?
                Dave

Comment

Dave on my original 55 the badge is 1 inch even from the back of the stainless tip to the forward tip of the badge and 3 7/8" from the front edge of the fender to the tip of the badge. An unmolested 55 Pan.

Comment

Bill, that's just the information I was looking for. Thank you very much.
                    Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X