Pan windshields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan windshields

I have an original Harley windshield frame I have used on a 59FL for about 35 years. I recently got replacement upper, lower, and adjustable windows from National Cycle. National has the upper (pointed and not pointed) and lowers listed for both "5 bolt pattern" and "7 bolt pattern" frames. I cannot figure out what the difference is outside of the obvious (5 vs 7). I have what I think consider a 7 bolt since it has 7 holes across the center bar, but I think it an original for my 59.

I bought a 49-59 upper pointed window this week from National and it is designed for "5 bolt pattern". But, the window has 7 holes.

I do not have measurements and have never seen one of these upper or lower windows with less than 7 holes across the area where they go together. Palmer's book says the frame and windshield are the same when HD changed the lower adjustable in 1960, and went to the rounded top in 1960.

Does anyone know what the difference is between "5 bolt pattern" and "7 bolt pattern" frames?

National windshields have 5 holes and H-D's have 7, so National makes replacements to fit both.

Comment

Working...
    X