cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cams

What are you guys using for cams on average panhead rebuilds? I have been using the J as it seems I don't have many options. It works, but seems like there should be something better.
    Thanks Willie

Since the old Sifton 412 is no longer available, the J is the next best bet. I have Pans with both cams, and like the 412 a little more.
    VPH-D

Comment

Harley FLH Victory cam is very good!

Comment

Where do I get victory cam?
        Thanks

Comment

Long obsolete, part # 25523-56. You would have to search for one!

Comment

That is my favorite also, when i can find a "good" one.

Comment

S$S has an exact copy of the stock FLH cam for panheads and they are very nice.
              Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Thanks every one. I understand the Victory and the H are no longer available, but was hoping for replica or copy. I shall try the s&s. Now the big ???. I have sent out at least 12 engines with J cams. I have 2 that are hard starting or at least unpredictable. Many of the old rags that I take apart have H or something unmarked that measures out similar to that, and all seem to be easy kickers. I have checked and played with timing and fuel to no end but cam is the only thing haven't changed, or will it have any bearing on kick starting? Your thoughts Please. I should mention I use med. compression pistons ( 8.5 ). Also Linkert.
                Thanks Willie

Comment

Working...
                X