Calypso Red Chip/Sample/Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calypso Red Chip/Sample/Code?

Have this posted in PAINT, but not much response there. Thought I'd post here to see is anyone could help.

Would anyone have a chip or sample of Calypso Red to match that you could share or sell? A code for something similar?
    Emailed John Pierce and he only sells quarts for $360.(a little high for the budget)
    My 58 is about 75% correct and I would be happy with something close to the original color.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

I seem to recall someone on this forum, or CAIMAG was getting ready to paint a '58 red, and white. Perhaps if you did a search, you could find the person, and send them a private message. The other option is to haunt ebay and look for a 1/4 pint can of Calypso Red touch up paint, or appeal to Harley memorabilia collectors that may have extra cans of that color. I would favor the 1/4 pint can option because that would probably be the best, and most economical way to get an accurate color match.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I was just thinking; you could send messages on ebay to people selling those 1/4 pint cans and ask if they might have Calypso Red in their collection.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I found a can on ebay. Rather pricey, but you would still be ahead of the game, and have a cool collectible can to put on the shelf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davi...oAAOSwmNxab-on
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,
          Thanks for your help on this!!
          I appreciate it.
          Ed

Comment

Can is on its way. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X