1959 Duo Glide Fuel Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Duo Glide Fuel Problem.

New to this site. Hope There is someone here can help me with my bike.

When adding fuel to bike. all fuel will be sucked into the left side tank. Left side will be full and right side empty, I have tried new shut off valve,new caps. talk to harley dealer, but they are google searchers here. So any insight would be appreciated.

Bob V (great sight for learning)

Take off both caps. Look into tanks. Hold bike upright so the tanks are level and see what happens. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

ok did that. I can watch the fuel flow to the other tank. thought they may some kind of vapor lock. took off lines carb. and still does it. these are original fuel lines and tanks.

Comment

Ok tried that. I can watch the fuel flow from right tank to left. These are the original lines and tanks, carb. I removed all and put back together. maybe there was and air lock. if i ride the bike as soon as the right tank goes empty i stall.

Comment

Are you sure those caps are vented?
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

As Bob says, you have a venting problem.Are you sure you are using gas caps and not a 45 oil tank cap?
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

You may want to check to make sure that the gaskets inside of the gas caps are not covering the vent holes. If you are using rubber gaskets that is likely your problem as they are to large on the outside diameter from being made wrong or from swelling.

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
                You may want to check to make sure that the gaskets inside of the gas caps are not covering the vent holes. If you are using rubber gaskets that is likely your problem as they are to large on the outside diameter from being made wrong or from swelling.
                Thanks I will check. And thank you to all help from everyone

Comment

Working...
                X