Race Frame Engineering patterns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Frame Engineering patterns.

Does anybody know who has this pattern today? I really need a good replacement neck.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Chris,
    First off, unfortunately I have no idea as to where this pattern is. However, your inquiry is quite interesting.

I have been in touch with Race Frame Engineering for a neck casting (with hallmark numbers) for a 1953 FL frame. I was informed that they were working on these castings but they would not be available until sometime next year. I found this curious, as my previous understanding was that they were the only firm casting these pieces with the correct hallmarks. I suspected that things might have shuffled around a bit when Steve Little left and thought that maybe the he had retained the pattern as part of his deal. Now, the old pattern shows up in your photo which further triggers my curiosity. Can anyone shed any light as to what happened?

w
    Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Does anybody know who has this pattern today? I really need a good replacement neck.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Steve on occasion visits here and he could maybe add something. The last I talked to him was at Davenport I think in 2016. At that time he said that the guys in Japan who bought his business were struggling to find a company that was willing to do the steel casting in Japan. They were looking at a company in Australia but overall he was disappointed in how things were going and if I remember right he had thoughts that maybe they bought him out to eliminate competition.

Jerry
      Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 02-08-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Jerry,
        That's interesting and disappointing if that is the actual scenario, but it does seem plausible from a business perspective.

Knowing the quality that Steve brought to the market, the loss of that quality and detail is truly unfortunate, as his product was top-notch. Also, from a selfish standpoint, I'm scratching my head as to where I'm going to find the correctly marked castings needed to piece together a 1953 frame.

There was a guy at Oley a few years ago that was selling the correct cast numbers for the neck. You had to grind-in the cast number plate, weld and blend it, but the numbers looked very nice if done properly. I'm hoping that someone here might have his contact information, in case I have to resort to that.

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
        Steve on occasion visits here and he could maybe add something. The last I talked to him was at Davenport I think in 2016. At that time he said that the guys in Japan who bought his business were struggling to find a company that was welling to do the steel casting in Japan. They were looking at a company in Australia but overall he was disappointed in how things were going and if I remember right he had thoughts that maybe they bought him out to eliminate competition.

Jerry
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

Chris why dont you send Steve a PM ,he is on this site still , i did see Steve last year and asked who has his gear ,as other have said above ,Rob

Comment

I must say, this really is a work of art!

Bill Pedalino
            Huntington, New York
            AMCA 6755

Comment

he he 😂 Chris. I don’t know how you do it.
              You have always been the purveyor of rare HD factory pictures and I have marveled and admired them when you have posted them through the years. But I can’t help but wonder how on earth you managed to get this picture?
              The pattern in the picture was one of mine and looks to be the mid 37 neck. I don’t recognise the machine under the pattern so the picture wasn’t taken in my workshop.
              Lou in Japan bought all the patterns so shoot him an email to see how he is going with production.
              Regards Steve
              Steve Little
              Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
              Australia.
              AMCA member 1950

Comment

I have E Mailed Japan but they, so far, haven't responded.
                Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                  If I remember right he had thoughts that maybe they bought him out to eliminate competition.

Jerry
                  Hi Wheels.
                  I don’t remember saying that, but I might have joked about it after having 2 of those bucket sized margaritas at the Mexican restaurant that night. 😁

Chris. No wanna fess up to the source of the pic? 😏
                  Steve Little
                  Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                  Australia.
                  AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
                    Chris. No wanna fess up to the source of the pic? ��
                    I found it somewhere on the internet. I don't remember where.
                    Be sure to visit;

Comment

Working...
                    X