1965 Panhead Chome Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Panhead Chome Parts

Hi, Can anyone tell me what parts came from the factory chromed on a 65 pan.

Thanks Tom

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Nice pamphlet. Thanks for posting it Robbie.

Being a genuine promotional pamphlet, that was used to promote the 65 Pan to potential customers, can it be used as a judging reference?

Are the pictures a true reflection of the model, or perhaps HD supplied a bike for these pictures that suggested a range of options and the text is a truer guide.

I'd like to get my 65 Pan correct and I noticed some items in the pictures I would need to change....i.e. Black kicker lever, polished forks, polished front brake, and do all "groups" have the compensator grease nipple in the primary cover?

The black and white seat on this bike does not appear to have gold piping, but we have discussed this and have picture references and evidence that some did.
      One last question...did any 65 Pan come with bullet covers on shockers?
      Steve Little
      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Steve....Have been thru the agony and ecstasy of a '65 restoration. Used a buddy's original paint bike as a benchmark. His did not have bullet covers on the shocks, the kick arm is black, the forks and front brake were natural, and it has the hole in the outer primary for the grease fitting on the compensator. A couple things you might want to notice. The square coil cover, a one-year-only item, and the lack of a battery side cover. Of course, you'd like to put an original battery in it (finding one would probably be a chore!). The original paint bike and my restoration have a smooth cover over the side of the battery, as opposed to the corrugated one that you see on all FLH's after this one

Comment

Great advertisement pamphlet Rubone! Now I see all the wrong items on my bike!
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

1965's are very hard to get correct, the square coil cover was also used in at least some 1966's. Not noticeable in the pictures but the '65 solenoid cover is hard plastic, NOT rubber. It is impossible to find. The left side exhaust boot guard is hard to find too!

Comment

Would someone comment on what accessory group the red 65 has in the picture? It has more than F1, but less than the King of the Highway package.
              To my knowledge, all the factory FL battery side covers were "corrugated" rather than smooth. The smooth, plain covers were aftermarket.
              VPH-D

Comment

Working...
              X