55 police geni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 police geni

G,day has anyone info on this geni , i believe there should be a cover plate over the 2 x open cut outs on the left ? i have alot of oil and crap gotten into the geni . i removed the fan cover and noticed broken wires ? there is a stamp on the housing saying rebuilt 20170403_160427.jpg20170403_155717.jpg plus CACO than some numbers ? anyone know of these marking and the cover plate , i will get a mate to pull it down and give me his vedict on damage , is the badge model saying 51 its just a little bit unreadable ,thanks Rob

I believe the cover that is screwed on below your terminals belongs over the slots.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I believe there's supposed to be two covers if I remember correctly. The one that is on there now should be covering an identical set of holes.

Comment

Parts breakdown..

http://www.hydra-glide.com/joomla/in...adio-generator
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Definitely.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

thanks for the imput , one question i cannt make the diagram any bigger but are those 2 x cover different cannt make out the part number ? looks like the 1 cover i have should be in the other spot the 1 missing looks smaller or am i not seeing it right ,does anyone have a spare ,Rob

Comment

Do we know which one you need?

IMG_0459 (2).JPGIMG_0460 (2).JPGIMG_0461 (2).JPG

Comment

1971super i have the one on the bottom ,not the top one ,should they be different i could not tell with the diagram Rubone put up for me , Rob ?20170404_175627.jpg also if they are different which one goes where .ps i am in Oz

Comment

The part # is the same 30062-48 for both covers as shown in Robbie's. I think the top one in the pic from 1971super is worn or altered for some reason.
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I have 3 like the one with the cutout, if someone altered them he was very busy. I'm guessing the cutout one is earlier, it came off a model 48. Not sure but it maybe the cutout one didn't work and they went to the full cover?
                    1971super

Comment

ok 1971super ,i will make one up ,like the bottom one ,thanks for your offer and Boblake cheers i just could not see that diagram good enough , Rob

Comment

do any of you fellas know if the field coil s are a special peice too , i see a set of model 52 6v field coils for sale would these work in my geni

Comment

There is a model 58R on ebay with the cutout covers
                          1971super

Comment

1971super that geni on ebay shows those cutout cover very clearly ,cheers ,i will try to fine the generator fella on this site to see if he knows about the field coils are they special for this geni ,Rob

Comment

does anyone have Perry Ruiter email details i want to fine out more on the field coils please

Comment

Working...
                              X