• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 oil line routing

Any one have Picture or diagram where each line goes to horseshoe oil tank

Conure1@gmail.com
    Still searching for that 45.....

Feed line goes from rear of the oil tank to oil pump lower fitting. Vent line goes from engine case to top right fitting on the oil tank. The one closest to the center of the bike. The return line goes from the upper fitting on the pump to the top left fitting on the oil tank. Same if you are using the oil filter.

Here is a picture of an earlier model. The oil line routing is the same as '64.
    Last edited by Chris Haynes; 03-14-2017, 09:40 PM.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thank You ��

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
      Feed line goes from rear of the oil tank to oil pump lower fitting. Vent line goes from engine case to top right fitting on the oil tank. The one closest to the center of the bike. The return line goes from the upper fitting on the pump to the top left fitting on the oil tank. Same if you are using the oil filter.

Still searching for that 45.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post

So the pic shows rigid frame setup. I believe the line from the tank to the back fitting on the filter is different for duo-glide, probably due to the mounting of the regulator. Also, the filter hanger goes between the vent line and the oil tank on swing-arms, from what I have seen. My question concerns the feed line from the back of the tank to the pump. I always strived to run the line inside and under the fifth member tranny bracket on a rigid frame. It was always a bit of a crap shoot, as if it is run this way it interferes with the head of the bolt that screws into the tranny. It can be done, but every time I adjust the primary chain or remove the tranny, I have to sort of "hoist" the tranny up to unscrew that fifth member screw. I'm now working on a duo-glide, and just returned from a trip to a friend who has 2 original paint duo-glides, one a '62, and one a '63 police with a hack. Both the feed lines on those run from the fitting on the back of the oil tank, outside the fifth member bracket and then forward to the oil pump. Looks to be some tricky bending to avoid the "S" exhaust pipe bracket that's welded right near the oil pump. Anyone have an idea if the latter routing is correct for duo-glide? Or maybe a factory photo? Any help appreciated.....

Comment

Working...
        X