Tombstone Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tombstone Speedometer

Hi Anyone interested in trading a good 2:1 Harley Tombstone speedometer for a 1:1 ratio I don't know how to post pictures on this sight yet but I'm sure I can do it on an email

Thanks

Which ratio fits what

Comment

I am thinking a 2:1 Tombstone speedo would be aftermarket!

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
        I am thinking a 2:1 Tombstone speedo would be aftermarket!
        Thanks for the feedback The speedo has the Harley logo on the bottom but yet I'm doing 90mph before I;m out of 3rd gear I know the correct ratio should be May have to bitr the bullet and get another one

Comment

You probably have a factory Eagle Iron speedo. IIRC, they were [are?] available in both 1:1 and 2:1 ratio.
          VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
            You probably have a factory Eagle Iron speedo. IIRC, they were [are?] available in both 1:1 and 2:1 ratio.
            VPH-D
            Thanks for the responce I believe you may have solved the mystery It has a painted 540 G 26 on it If that means anything

Comment

The code you describe is from a real H-D speedo, not an Eagle Iron speedo. I don't have access to my Stewart Warner [the maker] codes at the moment, but I'm sure someone will ID the speedo for you.
              VPH-D

Comment

That is the correct code, maybe wrong trans or trans speedo gears.

Comment

Here's a link to some speedo number info....

http://hydra-glide.com/docs/docs3/docs3.4.php

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the information The trans is correct (65) Will get this figured out yet Thanks again

Comment

If you have a 65, the Tombstone face 1:1 speedo is the one you need.
                      VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
                        If you have a 65, the Tombstone face 1:1 speedo is the one you need.
                        VPH-D
                        I concur Thats whats got me puzzled as everything points to me having the correct speedo head

Comment

So you're saying you have the correct speedo for your bike, but it reads about double?
                          VPH-D

Comment

Yes The only thing I did'nt eyeball was the drive gear

Comment

Either the gear on the countershaft, or the driven gear that pushes down into the trans case is wrong. Most likely the driven gear is the culprit. Pull it out, and count the teeth.
                              VPH-D

Comment

Working...
                              X