1950 el

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 el

Hi all, this is my second post and I've already broken protocol by not introducing myself. My apologies. I am a new member having just joined last month. While new to the AMCA I am not new to bikes. My first Harley was a 1981 Lowrider and since that one I've had a 1996 FLSTC, and a 1997 and 99 FLSTS. Having just retired from the working world a second time, the first was retirement from 20+ years in the Army and the second career was in education, I bought my self a birth year 1950 EL from the son of the original owner. The son had the bike restored in 2007-2008 and presented it to his father for his 80th birthday. I acquired the bike after the original owners passing. It is all original and stock with the exception of the windshield, bags, seat, and gas caps. My question concerns the horn. The horn on the bike has no cover and I was told that the bike did not come with a cover and that it was an option. I have been told it is the same cover as on the 48 springer models but I am not too certain about that as my horn's mount is horizontal and the springer mount is perpendicular. If some 1950 EL/FL models did come with a horn without a cover then I'll leave mine as is. I kind of hope it did because the cost of an OEM springer cover is high. My bike also won an AMCA Junior First in 2008 without the horn cover so perhaps there is some fact about the cover being optional in 1950. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck Odom; 12-01-2015, 10:54 AM.
    Rangers Lead The Way!

The cover was not used on your bike, and was not an "option". Don't worry about it.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie said it.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thank you guys. This is one of the reasons I joined this forum.

Chuck
        Rangers Lead The Way!

Comment

Working...
        X