Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 1 Year Only Peacock Green Shift Knob

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1949 Peacock Green/Blue Panhead and I've been looking for the matching color shift knob. Does anyone out there know where one can be found. Thanks in advance for your help. I've attached a picture for reference. Mike
    Attached Files

Sorry, but the knob pictured is neither one year only nor Peacock. That is an accessory knob sold by H-D for many years. It carries a -39 part number however the styles changed slightly over the years. the one you show was first pictured in the -47 accessory catalogs and the color is Light Onyx. They also came in Beige and Dubonnet ( a dark red color). They were also generically sold as automotive accessories for many years and referred to as Santay knobs after the manufacturer.

Oh, and this post is in the wrong section, too.
    Last edited by Rubone; 09-17-2015, 11:16 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply and information. The part number I have is 11783-39 from the 1949 Accessory catalog. Was the color in the picture posted the only color for light onyx or did it come in variations? Yes I saw I posted in the wrong section; my mistake.

Comment

The plastic the knob is molded in was a mottled appearance, so each knob is slightly different in pattern and with variations in shade depending on the amount of the lighter color mixed in.

Last edited by Rubone; 09-18-2015, 12:49 PM.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X