Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushrod Lower Gasket leaks oil

Hello All

I have a 58DuoGlide with some oil leak on lower Pushrod Gasket (Cork) at rear inlet. All others are dry. Isn't that much, but still leaking some oil. Running with Jims Powerglide Hydros...

What I have done/installed, yet:

- Changed gaskets 4 times 2x NOS Cork Gaskets (with & w/o sealer), 2 x Repro Cork Gaskets (with & w/o sealer)
    - Replaced everything thru NOS Parts (upper pushrod cover, spring, upper corks, washer, lower pushrod cover) except clip (I have one in order)
    - Lip on lower pushrod cover is flawless
    - Original Pushrod
    - have turned Pushrod Cover while riding in different positions

I am at my wit's end - any refs are much appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by 58Panheadfan; 09-11-2015, 08:41 AM.

Try adding another washer, part #6762.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

The top of the lifter is hitting the cork. Try doubling the lifter block gasket. I've had this a couple times with the Jim's lifters. You can also cut some from the top of the lifter but extremely hard steel and there is a snap ring groove to be aware of near the top of the bore.-Bob
      Last edited by 48hdbob1; 09-14-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your inputs... much appreciated. I will try doubling the lifter block gasket as suggested. Also thinking about to enlarge bore of cork gasket to avoid lifter hitting the cork...

Comment

Don't know that I'd try that one. The lifter can be dis-assembled and some trimmed from the top of the lifter body for a permanent fix. Like I say very hard steel and a groove for an inside snap ring that holds the guts of the lifter in the bore, be careful.-Bob

Comment

Bob, ok I see... would be the best resolution for a permanent fix to trimm some from the top. I will do that work upcoming winter... thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X