1965 panhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 panhead

Can anyone tell me about the gold faced speedo for a 65 pan.

I cant tell you anything about a gold faced speedo, because I don't know of it.
    This is the speedo I have for mine. I sent it to the States and had John Bordas check, clean, lube it.
    Hope you get the right information.

Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Comment

1965 panhead

Thanks for the reply. The speedo I have dates to my 65. I have only seen a couple of other gold ones.i know my bike was red originally. But don't know if it if it was hi fi or holiday red.

Comment

There is a picture of it in practice posting here. I can't get it to load on this page

Comment

Panheadfred, I have owned several org paint 65 pans and still have a black/white one. I did have a black/white one with a gold faced speedo, however I think the gold was just due to age and maybe exposure to sunlight, the bike was also very high mileage for a 65 pan of that era, about 25 yrs ago it had almost 50K miles on it. I sold it to a guy that is fairly local to me appx 90 miles, thanks, Larry

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15473[/ATTACH
            This is the speedo on my original 65 , I have seen a couple others this color, don't think mine is faded, low mile original paint machine? I've asked but never got a definite answer either.
            Not much help just thought I would post a pic of this one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yelp, that is what mine looked like, thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
                Yelp, that is what mine looked like, thanks, Larry
                The speedo on mine has been off my bike for 25 years. With very low miles. The gold does have a sheen to it. Still the 25 years before that who knows. More 65 mysteries I guess Thanks for the replies keep them coming please

Comment

I found this image of Harley Speedo Faces....
                  William

William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
                  http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

The 68-70 speedo is also known to turn gold with age.
                    VPH-D

Comment

Just talked to John Bordas at the Davenport swap meet and he said it was tarnished because the ones he has restored have silver under the screws.

Comment

I have an original face 1965 speedo on my '65. Never heard of a gold face on pans, knucks, heck even shovels. If you have a gold one I would say it's not original. But you probably have that answer upthread anyway.
                        Ray
                        AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                        X