58 Duo Glide headlight ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Duo Glide headlight ground

Was going to post under electrical but thought it would get better response here.
    Where does the ground from the headlight mount bracket go? It's pretty short and looks NOS. The only place I can see fot it to go would be the fork cover mount bolt (Cow Bell).
    Picture of where it attaches to headlight mount and one I am pointing to is the dead end of the wire.
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

I believe it's supposed to be riveted to the headlight shell.

Comment

I think the headlight grd. and the horn grd. both go to the top mount screw for the terminal board.

Comment

According to the electrical diagram in my Panhead Maintenance manual it goes to the bottom screw that hold the terminal board to the triple tree. See page 173

Comment

IMG_0900.jpg
          Mine is connected to the back of the headlight mounting bracket.
          It is the screw that you can see the threads coming through the bracket.

Comment

I believe that the bracket also must be grounded since the rubber mount of the light bracket would insulate it from the rest of the circuit, I am not an expert by far, now I'm not too sure how it all gets it's ground????? After a guy does a restoration he is on the level of Shirlock Holmes in finding all the details.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X