X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 cases

What do you see here,any issues...Thanks, Ron

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301603486195...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't see anything wrong with them that he did not declare in his description. Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry,I see that they have been worked on for possibly a stroker and I noticed the the top end drain holes are coming into the skirt of the cylinder bore...what are your thoughts there...overbore???

Comment

I do not see any work on them that would scare me. Lucklily they haven't been modified for big bore cylinders - that usually takes out the right case. Jerry

Comment

Thanks,I put a bid on them....

Comment

I got lucky and won the cases...

Comment

Congratulations - hope we did not steer you wrong but I think they will work out great.

Comment

I got my cases...all in all they are as was represented,I believe they have been setting for quite some time.I found a few things that weren't readily apparent at a glance.I pressed the cam bearing out and found a crack at 6 o'clock and another at the center bolt between the cylinders,minor but still a crack,and...a few teeth from a pump gear, I think, in the bottom of the galley in the muck that had accumulated... I think they are pretty solid. I have to fit a pinion race and do some minor welding and cleanup,I think they will work fine...

Comment

Cracks are typically longer than they appear.

Comment

Ya,pretty familiar with cracks...used to do non destructive testing on parts in the paper mill where I worked...

Comment

Working...
                    X