fuel coming out under the heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel coming out under the heads

I replaced the manifold seals and replaced the seals in the fuel lines on leaks got to pop on the front cylinder but nothing on the back cylinder I looked under the head on the back cylinder and there was gas coming out. What does that mean iam very confused cane any one giveme a hint thanks

Is this a fishing game? seriously I have noticed the question and answer on this forum has changed significantly. It's recommended to turn fuel off when parked and check the float setting and needle seat condition to keep it sincere. Many ole Panheads with Linkerts and sloppy kickstands from wear have quite the lean when parked. No Carburetor can withstand those angles and hold fuel. JMO

Comment

Sailfish!

If you mean that fuel is coming out from under the manifold, it means two things at least.
      One is that the manifold is not really sealed. Bubble-testing while you tighten the clamps will prevent over-tightening. (Please use clamps with no more than #10 screw fasteners, like OEM.)
      The other is that your petcock is probably leaking, as there shouldn't be that much fuel in the manifold.

If your O-rings are conventional black ones, they probably have already soaked and swollen.
      Viton O-rings solve that issue, and last much longer.

If you have the through-the-tank shut-off, the end of the "plunger" can be easily dressed in a lathe to 90 degrees (45 on most toolposts) for another "lifetime".

....Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-12-2015, 09:46 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Is fuel leaking from the cylinder or is it being blown onto the cylinder from the carburetor? Do you have an M-74B?

Comment

Working...
        X