1949 (only?) hubcap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 (only?) hubcap

I was going over Bruce Palmers book, and noticed something I hadn't noticed before , under the 1949 equipment , a chrome hub cap was available and in parenthesis (solo or sidecar , 1949 style) in the photo it looks to have a cad plated spacer on the outside ? I don't have any photos to reference later years , style .
    I'd like to put a hubcap on my 51, and I don't believe there should or would be an access plug like the aftermarket ones have, and they of course have the spacer towards the inside . Any information would be greatly appreciated ...
    Adam

Hi Adam

I have a picture I could e-mail you but the hubcap is as you describe ,no hole and a cad piece that attaches to the hub-cap with 3-small screws.

e-mail me if you like.

Dick in Eustis

Comment

I really appreciate that Dick, I guess I'm going to have to check the factory accessory catalogs thru the years and try and pick up the changes . I sent you a PM with my email.
      Adam
      PS I found a part # in the 52 book of 43303-49 , so I wonder if the cap remained the same on the early hydraglides ?
      Last edited by Adam M; 10-15-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Adam

Did you receive the picture??

I do have an extra cap but not the cad piece if it would help you.

Dick in Eustis

Comment

I'd very much like to thank Dick for taking the time to help me with this, I came up with a hubcap that I believe is correct as the early glide accessory

Comment

Originally posted by Adam M View Post
            I was going over Bruce Palmers book, and noticed something I hadn't noticed before , under the 1949 equipment , a chrome hub cap was available and in parenthesis (solo or sidecar , 1949 style) in the photo it looks to have a cad plated spacer on the outside ? I don't have any photos to reference later years , style .
            I'd like to put a hubcap on my 51, and I don't believe there should or would be an access plug like the aftermarket ones have, and they of course have the spacer towards the inside . Any information would be greatly appreciated ...
            Adam
            IIRC 49 also used a rear hubcap in the deluxe solo option.

Comment

Working...
            X