55 Pan production numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Pan production numbers

I just recently purchased a 55 Pan Head and I am trying to figure out the production number for that year. It is supposed to be in the Rick Conner H-D Data book but I don't have one. Thanks in advance.

Richard

Richard,
    My '96 edition of Conner's data book lists the following FL production info. No mention of your model, so all FL's are listed.
    FL: 953; FLE: 853; FLH: 63; FLF: 2,013; FLEF: 220 and FLHF: 1,040
    Hope this helps,
    William
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

That does help. I forgot to post that mine is an FL. I think it is a pretty early production number but I am just trying to check and see. Assuming they started with number 1000 in 55.2014-09-16_121334.jpg2014-09-29_160526.jpg
      The first picture is what it was when I brought it home. The second one is after I got some original sheet metal I had hanging on the wall. I think I am going to ride it that way while I am collecting parts.

Thanks again for the info,

Richard Conley

Comment

Keep in mind that the final "F" in the above listed model designations does not appear in serial numbers and there is no way to determine from a pieced together bike whether it was hand or foot shift. So in your case an FL or an FLF total production is combined.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
          Keep in mind that the final "F" in the above listed model designations does not appear in serial numbers and there is no way to determine from a pieced together bike whether it was hand or foot shift. So in your case an FL or an FLF total production is combined.
          Robbie, I forgot to mention the final "F" not appearing. If I understand you correctly on combined production totals; does this make total production for '55 Big Twin models as FL/FLF (2,013 units); FLH/FLHF (1,400 units) and FLE/FLEF (853 units) for a total count of 4,266 FL's that year? Thx
          William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
          http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Keep in mind that those production figures are approximates, since they are probably based on info taken from 'The Legend Begins', which was based on calendar year.
            VPH-D

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info and input. I didn't need an exact science just wondering.

Richard

Comment

I have a 1955 F. The F doesn't show up in any books I've looked at. Info from previous owner was that it was exported to Mexico as a police bike. I have no clue if that is truth or fiction.

Comment

Working...
                X