Adjustable Fork Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Fork Info

Is it normal for casting numbers on adjustable fork trees to differ slightly from actual part numbers? Other than 1950, it appears that 1951 and up would be all the same, but were there production variations along the way that makes them year specific? Standard tree design differed from rigid to swing arm frames-how can this 51-up adjustable model be compatible for both when in the solo position? How would I identify the correct castings for a 55-57 application? Any and all help would certainly be most appreciated.
    Last edited by WebKahuna; 03-10-2014, 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling correction at poster's request

Almost always. Someone else will have to supply the particulars. Jerry

Comment

There is a difference in the lower tree between rigid frame and swingarm. A swingarm tree will have the stem offset slightly while a rigid frame is centered. If you look at the underside of the bottom tree you can clearly see the difference. I cannot speak to any handling difference if one is switched with the other. As far as I know, '51 - '57 are the same.
      Lonnie Campbell #9908
      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks for the input gents!, I'll leave the topic open if anyone else would like to add to it.

Comment

Working...
        X