My 1949 ELECRTIC START PANHEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1949 ELECRTIC START PANHEAD

Well not yet it isn't... Just signed up today...I first want to say hello to everyone, see if my pic's loaded and if my first time thread is working.
    My plan is to put a Tech Cycle Electric Start kit on my 49. So please all you period correct, kick forever, purest try
    and keep from biting my head off for doing this. For now I want to see if all this is working. Will get back to youall soon.

MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG

Hey it worked guy's. Here it is...I'm 68, not everything is working like it used to like legs and heart and the list go's on.
    Bikes been sitting in garage for 3 years and for 3 years friends been telling me to put this kit on. Already done a fair
    amount of research on what I need to make this conversion (installation) happen.
    Brings me to why I'm here. Hope to find anyone here that's done this procedure, maybe I can get a heads up on the dew's and don't
    before I make this $2,000.00 cost for the kit. There's more to come. Thanks guys.

MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG

Comment

Why not use the right side electric start kit offered by Russ Peterson that is advertised in the magazine. It is a lot more user friendly, works better, lasts longer, and is American made by a quality craftman in the good old Midwest.
      Carl
      http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

I will be installing the Tech Cycle kit on my 1940 EL this winter. It's been on the shelf for three years now. I too have a pair of bad legs. I took a Cycle Electric 65A generator and put the 32E cap on it and will be running the looks like a relay regulator that my friends have put many miles on. I used Tech Cycles new center fill oil bag that I had powder coated black. You use the stock primary tins(with belt drive). I'm using the later starter relay (Bosch) and earlyHD starter switch(handlebar). I also converted to the early electric start self advancing timer with the early cap and hold down. I also will run the early coil only in 12v. You'll have to look hard to see the little snout out the primary side or the little round starter cap on the kicker side. I use the FXE sealed 12v battery. Tech Cycle is made in the USA and you can use your kicker too. I've been in the saddle for 50 years and with this setup maybe I can get another 20 (fingers crossed). Good luck!
        DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks Carl and thanks RichO for weighing in. I Looked at Russ Petersons kit along with a few others and decided not to go that route.
          I'm sure it's quality stuff. I just don't like the look of a massive billet aluminum starter housing on the right side of my Pan. Or the idea of losing
          my kicker and my rear up-sweep megaphone pipe. Even though Tech Cycles Kit will cost twice as much...I think I'll be able
          to live with the few minor cosmetic changes I'll have to do to my bike. Like the little snout primary side and starter cap on kicker side.
          Already have a 1965-69 automatic advance disturber on it now...I know that will be a help. Russ seems to take away the Pan look
          on the right side and Tech seems to keep the Pan look on both sides and that's important to me...more than the cost.

MVC-011S.JPG
          MVC-008S.JPG
          MVC-009S.JPG

Comment

Working...
          X