cant get gas in my M-74 linkert carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get gas in my M-74 linkert carb

iam having a trouble getting gas to the carb I have gas to the filter on the bottom of the carb but that is as far as it goes. I have about a gal of gas in the tanks do I have to have the tanks full? Been working on this 62 pan for five years and this is all I need to fix to get it running I hope. thanks for all the help

Make sure gas caps are vented or leave cap off. Put some more gas in it. 1 gallon may have you on reserve. Try disconnecting gas line and make sure no obstructions inside tank. If you have good flow, and don't feel like dropping the bowl now, reconnect gas line and tap on bowl a few times to make sure float or valve isn't hanging up. If it is still not getting gas, you need to drop the bowl and make sure all is working properly. Also, if you have a brass float, time to change to a good quality foam one. Set at about 1/4 inch down from top of bowl. Start kicking. Good luck.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 11-01-2013, 06:25 AM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Sailfish!

Float valves stick open often, but rarely stick shut.
      When they do, a sealer or adhesive is usually involved.

You might try removing the aircleaner, and hand-choking with the choke mechanism open. This should draw raw fuel into the bore if the bowl has any at all.
      (Always replace the aircleaner before starting a machine.)

If the machine still fails to run, the next suspect would be a common vacuum leak.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

thanks for all the help I had the carb rebuilt by rust never sleeps thanks again and I will let you know if it works

Comment

Working...
        X