Panhead Rear fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead Rear fender

I am working on a 53 Panhead and the orginal rear fender is in really rough shape. I will have to build a repair panel for where rear buddy seat spring bracket mounts and also underneath the tail light. Is anyone making a accurate rear fender. I have only heard that aftermarket fenders do not fit correctly. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

thanks
    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffrro1; 10-28-2013, 11:58 PM.

the tiawan ted repop is a bad fit just do work to the original and you will be ok

Comment

Maybe I got lucky but the repo fender I used on my 56 fit with very little work, I just had to adjust the gap where the rear section meets the front section (5 minutes with a die grinder). I'm sure there are some subtle differences from an original that the experts can spot but it looks good to me.

Joe

Comment

If you need to just repair what you already have, you can cut out sections from any old donor fender. That worked well for me on a knuckle rear fender. to get it back in shape, it took pieces from five different "junk" fenders with repair sections put in a large area around the three holes that take the clip for the buddy seat clip, another one near where the fender braces are riveted in and one under the area around the taillights on the flip portion, Also replaced the skirt on the main part and one skirt on the flip section. Also had to repair the chain guard recess. Of course had to drill out all the spot welds to bead blast everything including the skirts, inside and out. The pieces were all put back in with a MIG welder.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

We'll it took me 7 days but I was able to save the original rear fender.

Jeff

Comment

Now there don't you feel better about it. I hate using repop. Jerry

Comment

Working...
            X