FLH 65-68 Battery Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLH 65-68 Battery Needed

Folks - have talked to the Battery Box Guy at Oley and Jefferson. I always look to see if he is making a repro of the early 12 volt FLH batteries. His problem is that he hasn't been able to located one to make a copy from.

I've asked and looked for a number of years and haven't had any luck. I was planning to buy one with a nice case, 65-68's have the same markings on them. But no luck as these typically got tossed or sat out in a yard, froze and cracked I suppose.

If we can find one nice original I'd like to get it BBG so he can start making them - or buy it direct as I would zip the top and insert a gel, make things look original.

I'd like to run a naked battery on my '65 and would be nice to have the chrome top and the original logo battery shown together as in all the the 65 HD ads, catalogs etc showing King of the Highway group mounted along with the chrome battery cover (top) and the naked battery an regulator. PM me if you have one you would like to share to have a copy made or sell direct. Even if it's got a crack that is relatively hidden I'd consider it. Thanks
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

these batterys are available widely the orig bikes had a smooth sided cover hard to find my 65 has a ribbed one wrong i think they were a pain to install watch out for that hot lead one shovel i have 74 i run with no cover plain black battery with amca sticker you could put a harley sticker on one just a thought paul g bergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

I haven't seen the batteries available - original style with the logo I reference.

Regardless if you have a source that makes a replica 12 volts battery with the same logo as shown in the 65-68 literature that's what I'm looking for. Do you have a source you can point me to?
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
      X