saddlebag rivet tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddlebag rivet tool

I have completed my saddlebag paint and riveting of the latches. Bob Farr lent me a rivet set tool, and now I need to pass it on to the next user.
    Drop me a message and i'll send the tool along to you. It worked on all the front clips, the side bar, and the rear bag top. I ended up using small screws on the latch and the bottom clips. But all that show, came out grreat! Thanks to Bob Farr for his generosity.
    saddlebag latch.jpg
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

In case anybody wants their own rivit tool they are avaliable from Hanson Rivit out in California and the rivits are still avaliable from your local Harley shop. It is a two person job though as it is awkward to try and hold everything and hit the rivit set too.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

HI Tom= This tool looks like a 6" micrometer- the buck and the rivet set are the anvils- both move in and out with a fine threaded bolt- so it squeezes the rivet- no hammer. I was able to do it alone, but better a 2 person job.....
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Dan,

That sounds like a better set up than just using rivit set and a hammer. Any idea where it came from? What I mean by that is, who was it made by or where can you get one as I saw someone lent you the tool.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA # 12766

Comment

Working...
        X