panhead transmission plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhead transmission plate

Can anyone tell me what the differance is with the '57 and the '58 mounting plate for the transmission is.

About a half an inch. The front frame mounting holes are app. 3.250" apart on the 58 but are app. 2.750" on earlier plates. and I think 58 started threading the front plate mt. holes also. I've seen some plates double drilled. Don't know if they were 57 leftovers factory modified, but were almost too good to have been done at home. and I don't remember if they were threaded.
    Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

I have had my pan for 33 years and am only the second owner,it had 5300 actual miles and original tires when I got it. It has scored winners circle but was deducted points on the plate.

Comment

WHY? Were there extra holes in the plate. As far as I know Harley never made a plate with both holes but the aftermarket people sure did. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Bob I bet your right, the ones I saw were probably aftermarket. That's been a long time back and before I really cared where parts came from. I can't stand to think of the parts I used to replace with shinny chrome.
          Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Working...
          X