Couple of questions in general on a kicker and trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions in general on a kicker and trim

I have purchased a couple of bicycle kicker pedals one from JP cycles and another from a vendor at the Denver swap meet, neither one is worth a crap. Every time I start my bike the rubber twists and the hardware loosens. I was smart enought to keep my old kicker but it is so wore out that i'm affraid of completley destroying it. Does anyone know of where I can get some repair parts for it?

Question 2, I need the hardware to hold the trim onto the front fender of my 62 pan, most of mine are good but a couple are getting bad to where they will soon be broke. I noticed the square tabs that slide down the trim are different sizes, but any ideas or info where I can get them would be helpfull. Trying the parts store today just by chance.

I don't know about a good pedal but if the nuts are still good on the trim pieces I cut off the studs and thread the plates, then make new studs from a good grade screw. Put them together and put a light tack weld on the back side, file or grind a little if needed.
    Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Also some places sell, I think they're called Union Nuts. About a 2" long hex nut. They can be machined to look origional or just cut to size and used as is. But they may only come in course thread.
      Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

thanks I will try to see what I can come up with

Comment

I know Old Dude carries the trim studs and nuts.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA # 12766

Comment

Working...
          X