49 Pan front end questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 Pan front end questions

In addition to my 50 Pan I also have waiting for completion after the 50 a 49 Pan. On this I have a couple questions; I have the correct 49 only brake backing plate, however it is missing the brake cable adjuster//tube and tube fitting. Where can I find or substitute these parts? What have others used?
    I am also missing one of the domed caps covering the fork tube breather. Where is a good source for one of these?
    Also the previous owner for some reason had the stainless "non Hydra Glide" script cover chrome plated along with the rest of the covers and it is beginning to peel. This is along with the rest of the stainless parts, sargent stripes etc!!! Damn those 70's years, but I guess I am also guilty of what are now similar sins against Harley. There does not appear to be any copper plating under the chrome(I hope). What is normal procedure for plating stainless? The reason I ask is I would like to remove the plating and polish the stainless. What is the best methods for removing the plating? (doing it myself preferred)
    Cam
Working...
X