Need new tires for '55 FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new tires for '55 FL

I will be needing tires for my '55 FL. It is a stock configuration and I would like to stay as close to original look as possible. The tires I currently have on the bike are approx. 25 - 30 years old and are flat where the tire tread is. I am thinking Coker, but have no experience with them. Does anyone know what tire came on '55 FLs? What would you recommend for replacements. Also where would be the best place to purchase them?

I have had very good luck with my tires from coker. I have them on my 62 fl. They are Goodyear replicas,look correct and perform well. I have put about 5000 miles on them and they are holding up well.
    Last edited by hennigan62; 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I used Avon MKII on my 64 pan and they have held up very well around 10K mi
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Just a comment on using replica tires as compared to modern ones. I used to run replicas because they look like the originals but a few years ago started using modern tires on my older bikes and it makes a BIG difference in handling. It impressed me so much that it's all I use now. Try some modern Dunlaps or something similar. Of course you don't have much choice on clinchers or older bikes.
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I use the Shinko 270s on my 56. They look the part, handle well, and are inexpensive.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X