dual exhaust cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual exhaust cover

This is the pipe cover on my ' 65 FLH. It had a lot of shovel parts on it when I got it. I know the side covers are later, so lay off it will ya? I like 'em and they're stayin'. But I was told this is the wrong pipe shieldCIMG6166 (2).JPGCIMG6164 (2).JPGCIMG6165 (2).JPG, and would like to know. If it is, I am looking for the right one. Mike

The one you have looks like 65700-65A, you are looking for 65700-65. Note screw hose clamps, unlike 65700-61, which had rigid metal clamps, but looks similar.
    Attached Files

Comment

The 1965 dual exhaust crossover shield is one of the many 1965- only parts. It is difficult to find one because of that. The 1961-1964 crossover shield looks similar but because of its metal clamps wont fit with the aluminum primary of the 1965.

Comment

CIMG6189 (2).JPGCIMG6188 (2).JPGI found this in the attic. Anybody know what it is for? Solid steel clamps with a hook and a screw hole on each. It was on some old looking crossover pipe? I just stumbled on it today when I was storing an old windshield. Thanks. Mike
        Last edited by portagepan; 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: wrong wording

Comment

Hey Mike. Lake Erie Chapter is meeting at Roeder's Racing in Monroeville at noon this Sunday.
          Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Thanks for the note Fred, but I probably won't make it. I'll be at the IX next Sat. I think I have some surgery coming up, so I don't know what I will be able to do this year. Darnit! Now, any help ID'ing the cover? Mike

Comment

The cover is for 1961 to 1964 Duo glides as stated in the former post by Jorrow, the one you need has 2 small tabs on the back with slots in them for worm style hose clamps.The 65 only cover also does not turn down quite as much at the end.Adam

Comment

Thanks Adam. I wasn't sure because I couldn't see the clamps in the other reply. So, anybody got what I need? Mike

Comment

65700-61

Will the 65700-61 dual exhaust cover fit on the earlier "true dual" style system (rigid pan)? Thanks
                  Lonnie Campbell #9908
                  South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

-65A is a late 65/66 accessory.

The dual exhuast pipe cover set for 65 is a three piece set. The cover for the left and right pipes are truly one year 65 parts. The very short cover (about 4 inches) that fits the right pipe on the header of the front cylinder is multi year.

The 65A for the left side is really '66 accessory and often called a banjo style cover. The one year 65 only covers the pipe and leave the solenoid exposed. Took me 5 years to find one for my '65 resto and only came across 2 NOS in 10 years. 65A part early versions came with the old style metal strap clamps, later versions came with the gates style screw type clamps (I have NOS versions of both).

You can't even find photos for that one year left side cover (It might appear in the '64 Christmas insert to Enthusiast, would have to check). It's only listed in text in the '65 accessory catalog and then changes to banjo style (65A) in the '66 accessory catalog.

PM if you want photos
                    Last edited by rbenash; 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM.
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                    X