50 FL Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 FL Video

This is the kind of sickle I had my sights set on when I tripped across my 48. Ya gotta love the survivors!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAL1UBWbjA
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Yea pretty nice Cory. What do you think about the Pans on the AMCA calendar this month? Gotta love that green! Not to mention the wheel covers and bumpers. Just super in my opinion. Bob AMCA#6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob! I must admit that I didn't get a calendar this year. I also have to admit that I like green bikes!!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Bob AMCA#6738
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Seems like a lot of the guys in these 'net videos start thier bikes standing on the off side. Is this the new thing?
          Doug.
          Doug McLaughlin #6607
          NorCal, USA

Comment

New? In my case it pertains more to old (age). The non-electric leg and other body parts protest and creak a bit less if standing off to the side.
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Cool Video! I have been starting my bikes from the right side for 40 years! After someone hit me on my 61 pan I had to use my left leg for a while since my right knee was healing. I can not do the straddle thing. Just doesn't feel right to me. I don't care how you start it as long as it starts!!!!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA # 12766

Comment

Bob.... I'm digging those green machines. Thanks!

As for starting procedures.... I'm another one of those "right side" starters.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I only straddle my sidecar rig because you can't do it any other way. Other than that I am a side kicker too.
                  D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I actually found a way to kick my 41 knuckle with a sidehack from the side too. I just put my left leg behind the rear mount frame and kick away. No problems. I tried the straddle thing and as with solos just found it too awkward for me.

Tom(Rollo) Hardy
                    AMCA # 12766

Comment

I used to kick from the side but years ago I switched to the straddle position. I have no idea why I would have changed and I'm sure it wasn't a consious thing. On my bikes that only have a rear stand, I side kick.

In regards to the picture Bob posted of the '51s. Does the text mention the color because I have a can of "Spring Green" that was a mid-51 color. There is a H-D memo on John Pierce's site about the introduction of that green. I think it's a unique, and beautiful color for a Hydra-Glide.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

[QUOTE=Rollo;126590 I don't care how you start it as long as it starts!!!!

Yeah, I agree, it just seems like I've been seeing more guys starting like this lately and wondered.
                        Doug.
                        Doug McLaughlin #6607
                        NorCal, USA

Comment

Eric,

The caption in the calendar says it is "Tropical Green", a one-year color for 1952

dkgoz

Comment

I wonder if Spring Green and Tropical Green are the same color? I looked in Palmer's book but there was not enough paint code info to compare. The color I have looks exactly the same.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                            X