Need NOS or good used 65980-55 lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need NOS or good used 65980-55 lens

Hey guys - any of you have a 68090-55 NOS or nice used tail lamp lens?

Mine is cracked and want one with all the correct markings etc. I.E. - original, not repro/repop. It's for my '65 resto (complete running very nicely, probably going to have it judged at Chesapeake meet.

Pretty sure the originals are plastic (mine is plastic and I'm 99% sure it's original). The repops and later years stick out further from the metal retainer and don't have the right numbers on them.

Would like two NOS or nice used. Going to post in the wanted as well, but I've never done well there.

Don't be stingy - if you have ten sell me one (PM me)

Also looking for a hard plastic gray solenoid cover unless you want a billion dollars for it I have the NOS pre AMF soft rubber and a spare, so good. Nice to have that hard plastic one though.
    Last edited by rbenash; 08-20-2012, 12:35 PM.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Old Dude was selling a repop that was supposed to be "as original". Mike

Comment

Hmm - didn't get notification of a response so sorry I'm late with the thank you. I'll pick one up from him and so how it looks.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Picked up a couple repops from Old Dude they are pretty nice. Very close. Circle pattern at the top is smaller and the verticle SAE-ST on the left side is missing. Pretty nice.

Gives me something excellent to use until I find another original.

Thanks for the tip.

Wish I could fix that typo on the PN in the subject line of this post
        Last edited by rbenash; 09-23-2012, 05:54 AM.
        Ray
        AMCA #7140

Comment

I've been away are e talking about a guild 55 taillight lens red ----- sorry I went back and read up on what was wanted , I have one for sure that's a 55 and a couple of 68s. ( I think thats the right year ). I know where they are I just haven't seen them in ten years . The later years do stick out farther . Plus I let a so called good friend use one and he put a f^%^"n blue dot in it. He thought it would be more old school to butcher an original, instead of buying a repop with a blue dot in it . Anyway as long as its for keeping original and I have more than one , I'm up for gettin, rid of one . No blue dots please!! PS he cracked the lens when he drilled it . No good dead goes unpunished .
          Last edited by Sidehacker; 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

It's a 55 I want - please give me a PM or email me at rbenash@verizon.net

It's for my '65 FLH full resto (used to be my Fathers bike). Looking to have it judged this October or wait for Oley if I don't make it to the Chesapeake meet.

Uh, yeah I don't need no steenking blue dots.

Nor those spikes in the center of my turn signal lens please ! I've seen plenty originals of those that were "modified" for that cool dresser look

Thanks
            Last edited by rbenash; 09-25-2012, 02:07 PM.
            Ray
            AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
            X