62 guide or S-H2 guide spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 guide or S-H2 guide spotlights

HI, I am a new member and I also posted this on the Welcome page,,didn't know which page to start on.
    I have a 62 FLH Duo Glide want to get the correct yr/original spotlights/bullet lights.
    Can someone tell me if the correct yr spotlights for the '62 are the Guide S-H2 w/the light bulb and toggle switch OR the Guide 62 with the 6V sealed beam? The parts manual shows '48-'61 6V for the S-H2 and '62-'67 12V for the 62 Guide. The panhead was 6V till '64 so its a bit confusing. Were the Guide 62 made in '62 for the '63 production line of bikes?

Another question on the Bullet lights, I see DH-49 and B-31 lights, also see different glass lens, the pointed ones and the pointed w/an indentation around the center. Any right or wrong ones for a '62? I believe it should have clear ones for the front and red for rear? Are the 6V flashers available from anyone?

And a final question about CP bolts, I am missing a few of the original 1038CP and I see posts about 1035CP, were the 35s and earlier version? Should a 62 have all 1038CP and were all the bolts stamped 1038 or were some with a blank head?
    Thanks in advance for your help and I am glad I am finally a member.
    Warren McLaen

The spotlights are the Guide 62 with sealed beams. The bullet lights as far as I know are DH-49 with the honeycomb lens. From what I understand the bolts are a mix of CP and plain headed bolts.

Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate your info. Warren

Comment

I've got a '64 Duo-Glide and it has Guide 62 spots.
        1964 FLH
        1972 R75/5
        1996 XL1200C
        2001 R1200C
        2007 FXSTB
        Blog: Riding Vintage
        Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post
          I've got a '64 Duo-Glide and it has Guide 62 spots.
          Yes, I think the next generation Guide spots were Guide 80.

Comment

And the ones after that, though the same in appearance, are unmarked. You should get a copy of "How to Restore your Harley-Davidson" by Bruce Palmer III. That fine book should answer many of your questions and is an enjoyable read in any case.
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

The b-31 lights are for cars, you also have a few bolts with a circle and an F in the center and the 6V flasher is available through v twin or an auto parts store.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. Your answers bring more questions. My wiring diagram only shows the headlight and taillight, no additional lights. Does anyone now how the spotlights were wired? Can a handlebar headlamp switch be wired as a 2 position on/off switch?
                Also how to wire the front/rear indicator lights and where is the flasher mounted, in the headlamp housing by the terminal plate?
                The bike has 2 red indicator lights, one on either side of the headlight housing, the parts manual shows its they are High Beam Indicators, are they? Thanks, Warren

Comment

Working...
                X