Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floorboard question..

Hello all!
    Had this posted at another forum, but had no success.. perhaps someone in this forum can shed a light?

I was Wondering if anyone could shed some insight regarding these floorboards. Was getting ready to parkerize them for my 58 FLH project and noticed a difference in the set. Please refer to the pictures. One board seem to have a flat on the both the inner brackets, and one is rounded. The other difference, is one's mounting brackets is turned inwards on one side than the others. Was there a difference between swingarm and rigids? both have a -40 ending in the part number. Both my parts book and Palmer's book have no additional info.. Any help would be appreciated!!

IMG_0252.JPGIMG_0253.JPGIMG_0254.JPGIMG_0255.JPGIMG_0257.JPG

GOTNOCLASS (great nickname) I looked at three pair that we have and none are like yours. they are all matching to each other. sorry I was no help. Lloyd

Comment

Thanks For checking Lloyd! are yours all rounded?

Ron

Comment

I've got quite a few early Shovel boards,(just rubber pad on board-not rubber insulators), that have the bracket with the one flat and one round. Maybe this was a change to Shovel and it was started on late '65 boards as they tooled up for a different style and ran out of the other, or maybe something to do with aluminum outer primary? Bob
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Gotnoclass, all are oem and rounded...........Lloyd

Comment

Well now! I had to put down my bear can for this. A very traumatic experience. Both the boards on the left are from the forties. The board on the right is dated on the sticker 4/75. This was the last hoorah at the dealer for this item. The pads were not riveted but glued. I can say for sure. Whatever that other board you have is. It's not Harley but on the other hand. What happened in the thirties I can't tell you. Bob L
            Attached Files
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have ten replacement tabs, four of which are flat like you show. I also have eight boards, three of which are like you show. I never paid it any mind until you brought it up.

Comment

I love screwing with peoples heads with that set of boards (Most likley why I never sold them). A while back someone came up to the shop and asked where I got the after market junk from. I walked over and flipped it. When the guy saw the AMF sticker, his jaw hit the floor. Bob L
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                X