A PANHEAD STORY.......need directional signal info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A PANHEAD STORY.......need directional signal info

Hi All, if you look at the main page of this website where you see " A PANHEAD STORY", that is my bike. I just had it judged in Rhinebeck and it scored 92 1/4 for its first time out. Mostly small cosmetic issues but one i don't get is they say the rear directional signals are " LATE ". They have the old glass lenses and are marked DH-49. What do i need to look for to make it more original? I cannot find anything on ebay or anywhere.THANKS
    MONGO

When you say "Main Page", whats that? Where? in the forum index? I cant find the words "Main Page" on the home page when you log on. Am I missing something? Help cuz I cant find the heading "Panhead Story". I'd like to see it and the signals as well...Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

I just looked and they took the story off of the "home page" or 'main page" but if you look on the homepage to the right it shows MORE NEWS, they must have just moved it there. If you click there you will see the listing for A PANHEAD STORY. That is me. Let me know if you find it ok
      MONGO

Comment

I tripped on that article a week ago and the first thing that caught my eye was the later rear turn signal bracket. It's wrong. Let me see if I got picture. Bob L
        Attached Files
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

When it comes to Duo-Glides, I don't know beans, but, to my untrained eye; I don't see the difference. . . . What's the difference Bob?
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, the earlier one is nothing but a 16ga bent bracket with a running light on each side. The later is a molded die cast thingy. They look totally different. It took a while but I new I'd find a picture. Bob
            Attached Files
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by renrawmot View Post
              Hi All, if you look at the main page of this website where you see " A PANHEAD STORY", that is my bike. I just had it judged in Rhinebeck and it scored 92 1/4 for its first time out. Mostly small cosmetic issues but one i don't get is they say the rear directional signals are " LATE ". They have the old glass lenses and are marked DH-49. What do i need to look for to make it more original? I cannot find anything on ebay or anywhere.THANKS
              The ones that are on the bike in the story are 63 up.

Comment

Looking at the picture of the guy and his daughter in the 60's, you can see the original rear turn signals.
                Louie
                FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                X