Seat post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat post

I just installed a seatpost and tee bracket in my '57 frame and was wondering if it is normal for the post to almost collapse completely from just sitting on it,I have it ajusted according to the book. and according to my Clymer manual the clevis pin should be located in the rear hole on the tee bracket, but thats about an inch. away from the post, it's an original bracket, so whats up with that, Thanks Whitey

I can't remember off hand which hole the seat post pin goes in, but I'm pretty sure it is the forward one. I'm not at home to look right now. As far as almost collapsing...that all depends on your weight. They have two different sets of springs, a standard set and a heavy duty set. Have you taken your post apart to see if all the springs are installed and installed correctly in there. A factory service manual is the best for showing how they're set up.

Comment

Are you using the stock springs or the ones from V-Twin? I bought a set from Dave Croft for my 51 and they made a huge difference from the V-Twin springs. No more bottoming out and a real smooth ride... Give him a call@ 440-458-8813 Mike

Comment

Mike is correct, David Croft springs are the only way to go if your using the pogo stick only setup. $60 and that includes shipping priority mail. I'm 235, 6'-0' and my pan rides like a cloud now.
        Doug

AMCA #20177

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

Comment

Seat post springs

The post I have is in fact a v-twin, I weigh about 170, and it bottoms out, in the Bruce Palmer Manual, it shows all the break downs for specific weight riders and only the upper middle spring has a differant part number, anyone ever salvage the lower springs and just replace the uppers or even the upper middle spring?, Thanks Whitey

Comment

If you buy the springs from Dave, they come with a couple upper springs you can change out for a heavier rider, I had the V-Twin post in my 51 and it was way too soft , I'm 200lbs. Mike

Comment

Did you notice when you were changing your springs, were the lower three springs from v-twin the same as Daves, Thanks Whitey

Comment

Dude,

Just get the springs from Dave and follow the instructions he sends with them and you will have the ride of your life!! It is simply and fool proof. The springs are color coded for placement for the weight desired and the final adjustment is per the manual. Your going to get greasy but it is worth it.

Tom ( Rollo) Hardy
                AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
                X