Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duoglide 6v Police light wiring diagram request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duoglide 6v Police light wiring diagram request.

Hi. Can anyone scan and post a wiring diagram that includes the police pole light and flashing spotlight on a 1964 6v Duoglide please? Also, can someone tell me if the pole light and spotlight is switched from the handlebars, or from toggle switches on the back of the headlight nacelle? I'm sure I read somewhere that if the switches are on the back of the nacelle that you headbutt the windshield when turning them on? Would there be just a indicator light in the back of the nacelle for the spotlight only? Surely there would not be a need for an indicator light for the pole light? You can see if its on, right? My Cop bike has OEM -60 matching nacelle halves that have no holes for switches or indicator lights but i'm on a mission to get it as correct as I can. Thanks in advance,
    Grahame.

Grahame,
    One thing to keep in mind is that Police units were as varied as civilian ones! Each individual department had their own requirements for lighting and marking. A variety of radios were used, different types of sirens, first aid kits, flashlight and baton holders, etc. There is basically no such thing as a standard specification. And many ordered options were installed in house by dealers so the actual location of such things as switches. The cycle signal lamp (pole lamp) is shown in the parts books with its own handlebar switch assembly. The pursuit lights also used such switches. There are factory clamps to hold these auxiliary switches to the bars, usually just downstream from the directional and hand lock switches. The basic idea is the officer never has to take his hands off the bars to operate them!
    Don't forget that the US has no national police, so every one of the 50 states as well as local municipalities had their own specifications with no conformity whatsoever!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi Robbie. Good and wise advice as usual. Thanks. I have come to realise that what you said is true. I know there is no such thing as 'stock' where these are concerned, but there are still several different 'right' ways of doing things that are not always that clear when you only have a parts book and no real experience with older machines, even though I hadn't noticed the handlebar switch for the pole light! The Palmer book is fantastic, but doesn't answer everything. Its still a great help to get steered in the right direction by the experts like yourself. Thanks again.
      Grahame

Comment

Working...
      X