48-52 panhead cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48-52 panhead cylinders

Are the 1948 -1952 61 and 74 ohv cylinders the same other than the bore?
    Thanks, Craig

No, 61" cylinders are shorter!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I think I have 2 sets of 61" available

Comment

Thanks but 74" was what I was needing. Another club member advertised a pair of 61" cylinders.

Comment

Thank you. I suspected that.

Comment

The difference is substantial. Here are top views of FL on the left and EL on the right.

When laid next to each other the difference is very obvious but when you are holding a loner in your hands it is a little tougher but if you look at the oil return boss (big hole) FL cylinders have fins across them and EL do not as in the 3rd and 4th pictures.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry,
              Wow...you Sir are what makes this forum and this club great. I still had many questions about this floating in my brain. You really went all out and I really appreciate it. I have owned several panheads( had at least one all of my adult life) my first being a 61" 1948. I am now building a 1949(my birth year) and
              as purchased the heads and cylinders needed replaced. In the latest club mag. a member advertised a pair of .10 over cyl and I was prepared to buy them and then he told me they were for 61s. Couldn't find enough info even in "how to restore your hd".
              Thank you very much, Craig #7248 Davenport spots M23-24

Comment

Working...
              X