Correct transmission plate for a 58 FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct transmission plate for a 58 FL

Can someone please post a picture of what a correct 58 tranny plate should look like? Palmer's book does not have any info..
    Any help would be appreciated! :-)

Ron

Based on a book I have it indicates a 47698-58 is in order. If you Google that part number there is a forum discussion and some pics. Don't know if it will help, but worth a try.

Comment

The Dou Glide trans plate has wider spacing between the front mount holes than a rigid plate.
      VPH-D

Comment

Thanks 58panman and VPH-D. After reading the posts on the various sites, it still seems as folks are not 100% in agreement to what it should look like.. I guess as many opinions as there are tranny plates out there.. I am especially curious about the cutout or notch on the one side of the plate? Some plates have it and some do not?

Comment

Enough all ready! There are to plates that you're going to run into for the most part. the ridged one and the 58 and up swing arm one. They are easy to tell apart. On the ridged one the front left side bolt to frame hole is off set to the right. On the 58 and up the rear holes line up with the front holes. The problem you're going to run into (The reason I would not buy one of these on Fleese-Bay) is starting in 1965 the factory no longer machined the indexing squares so your 64 and down tranny will not drop into it. You cannot tell by eye. You need a caliper in your hand to mic the squares. Good Ruk! Bob L

The 57 and down is on the left and the 58 and up on the right.
          Attached Files
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

thank you for clearing this up Bob :-)

Comment

Working...
            X