Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year frame, front end and whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year frame, front end and whats it worth?

Hello all,
    We are trying to figure out what year frame this is and if the front end, tank, and fenders are correct for that year. The guy that is selling it told me it came with a 1958 panhead motor in it.

What are the numbers on the swing arm?

Any idea about the what marks on the neck are from? There are marks on each side of the neck. Maybe from a clamp.

And last but not least, whats a fair price? The guy selling it wants $1900

Don't know why my decriptions on the pistures got mixed up.

Thank's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by harley1; 02-01-2012, 07:24 AM.

The number on the swingarm is a casting number. It is the same on all and means only that the mold was made them for the axle plate!
    The marks on the neck look like a really bad attempt to obliterate the VIN number, a felony in all states!
    The tanks and emblems are different years. The emblems are '63-'65 style, the tanks much later.
    Based on that frame a fair price depends on what your bondsman might charge!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the humor Robbie, but would there be numbers in that area on the frame? If it is a pre 70 there wouldn't be any numbers. I was told that it had a 58 pan motor in the frame. If There were numbers there then that the frame wouldn't be worth anything to me.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by harley1; 02-01-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

In the pics of the neck it appears that the lug for a padlock has been badly chiseled or ground off. Early frames did not have that lug but did have an operating steering lock which appears never to have been drilled on that frame. What does the seat area look like as it isn't visible in that crummy picture? Does it have a pronounced drop in it or is it level? '64 and earlier frames have the drop. What does the hole in the top motor mount look like? The right front outside portion of the tank and seat mount has a two digit letter and number date code stamped into it. What is it? Like I said, those tanks are from the mid '70s or newer, my suspicion is that the frame is also. What is that rear footpeg in the picture attached to? A square block with two holes by chance. If so that did not appear until '73.
        Robbie
        Last edited by Rubone; 02-01-2012, 07:46 AM.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Harley1 your right HD started putting numbers on in the 70's your frame looks like its a 64 and before as the frame got higher where the oil tank is (electric start came out in 65)the neck area look like someone got at it with a ax

Comment

I can't tell about the frame from the pics but see several mis-matched parts. I have a pre 70 frame with an undrilled neck lock casting. It's hard to imagine why someone would torch the neck in that spot except to erase something. If it is pre 70 maybe someone took off an assigned # to use on another frame.
            If you get it I'm interested in the rear disc, it's a match for a dual disc ft. I have.
            Kerry
            Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Hello Looks like a lot of mismatched parts .Some one really did a Lizzy Borden on the neck. Worth 500.00 for parts

Comment

Thanks everyone for your imput!! The pictures were sent from a cell phone thats why they are such poor quality. The seller won't sell any parts seperate, already asked.
                With all the info I am getting here I will pass on this frame and continue my search for a panhead rolling chassis.

Thanks Again.

Comment

this is from Northern New Jersey today 2/1 do not know if it will work for you

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/2806784481.html

Comment

Thanks 58Tin, I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X