shock studs 62 pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock studs 62 pan

are the shock studs on a 62 pan zinc or crome are the cups that cover the rubber gromit zinc or crome? Thants for the help

Neither! The studs and the cupped washers for the rubbers are cadmium plated.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
      Neither! The studs and the cupped washers for the rubbers are cadmium plated.
      Robbie
      Yup! I agree

Comment

I say they are both parkerized.

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
          I say they are both parkerized.
          Then I had better take my orig paint 62 out and get em done cause I would hate to be out of fashion.

Comment

The studs on my original 60 were parkerized or blackened.. I cleaned them up and had them cad plated, then found info that that was incorrect. I don't know about 62.
            Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Originally posted by knuckcrazy View Post
              Then I had better take my orig paint 62 out and get em done cause I would hate to be out of fashion.
              My 62 had all four studs parkerized as well as the FLAT washers. My 65 had parkerized lower studs and cad upper studs. The cupped washers
              started in 65 and were cad. I think all four cad studs may have started in 66.....IMHO

Comment

I think you are right on that Rod, trying to dig deeper in my mind I recall parkerized studs under the full top covers. So I'll retract my earlier comment until I can come up with definitive proof or an unmolested original shows up!
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

They were all Parkerized. The stud, washers and nut. Just compare them in this 63 pic from Chris to the lower shock parts that were cad. Bob L
                  Attached Files
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

The studs are parkerized on my 64...Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X