Help identifying these leather bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying these leather bags?

I've check both the Palmer and Field books but I'm still not convinced whether these bags were available in '54. The black '54 in this first picture is mine, the picture is from the previous owner (it's down to the bare frame at the moment):

They mount to half-moon hangars using two studs and the locking "u" loop between them for a padlock. The welts are white, but the three side straps are vertical: similar to the #91003-49 type 3 "Streamliner" described on p.477 of Palmer, but with some detail differences.

I haven't seen many of these bags at all, and I have yet to see an identical set. This one, on a nice '53 at Wausseon this year:

And this one, snatched from the web:

My bags are in storage at the moment but I can easily get more detailed pictures if needed. Any suggestions on whether these bags are correct for my straight-leg frame '54, #54FL4978?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Farr

They are neither correct nor incorrect as they are not H-D bags, they are BUCO. So it really does not matter if you use them or not!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you for the info Robbie.

Bob Farr

Comment

Aside from the seat the last two photos look like the same bike to me same fender trim tires,etc, etc just a different seat
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
        X