1961 fl Duo Glide Panhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 fl Duo Glide Panhead

I am looking at a 1961 panhead. I need help determining the value. The seller is firm at $10000. Now for the description.( I have no pictures).

1961 fl originaly a police bike
    All original parts and matching numbers
    Paint in good condition but early repaint to correct paint for 1961 panhead (white and blue)
    Bubble bags original but repainted white.
    Beaded windshield with blue bottom owner says it is harley but There is no harley markings so I would say it is an early after market.
    approximately 25000 miles.
    Has not been started for about 10 years
    stored in heated garage
    engine rebuild around 10000 miles(piston and ring)
    Chrome showing signs of some pitting but not bad for its age
    original 6 volt with kicker.
    Needs a good cleaning.

Also it is a dual exhaust the back cylinder goes into the left pipe it is not split into both pipes. Most pictures show the split exhaust. I was wondering if this is the correct exhaust set up for this year.

That all I can think of for know.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 68electraglide; 09-21-2011, 11:39 AM.

true dual is correct

Comment

A high serial number bike could have had the -61 dual exhaust, but not likely on a police bike
      from the factory.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Does this sound like a fair price? I have seen a wide range of asking prices . Not sure what they are actually selling for.
        Last edited by 68electraglide; 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Police bike will have a fan cooled generator, three unit voltage regulator sitting over the coils, sand pad on the side stand, square oil box, larger battery, push button switch on the right handlebar to activate the speedo lock and a metal push button protruding from the dash on the left side to reset the speedo needle. Depending on whether it was a front or rear siren it could have a relocating piece on the bulkhead of the frame where the solid steel brake line joins the rubber one.

Those are the main things that would identify it as a Police bike.

Comment

Working...
          X