Tire Preservation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Preservation

No other place to post that looked right. Since I have a pan and these are pan tires figured I'd post here.

What, how do you learned gentry preserve NOS tires? I've just completed my '65 project and plan to run the bike. Good set of originals on the bike so fine in the short term. I do have a set of NOS vintage tires that are in excellent condition. I would like to preserve and keep them that way.

What's the best way to store, or prep them for storage, etc. I've had one recommendation that suggested covering well with tire talc (French Chalk, AKA Talc) and sealing in a bag, which I plan to do - since this person has stored vintage tires successfully this way.

Curious what others might be doing.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

I've been told that 2 things deteriorate tires - Ultraviolet (sun) and Ozone (atmosphere). I know I have bought some fairly old tires that were in good condition and they were covered with the origianl wrap and keep in a cool shaded building.

Jerry

Comment

Yeah, Jerry I might be less concerned if mine were wrapped. They aren't but are really fresh, very supple. Would like to keep them that way.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
      X