Correct PN for Juice Brake Foot Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct PN for Juice Brake Foot Rubber

Simple/stupid question - but my 58-68 parts catalog won't tell me. For the rear brake pedal pad this catalog only shows the "accessory" -65A PN for the large pad kit that shows up in the '68 acessory catalog. What's the correct PN/-# from the 65 parts catalog?

Sent Robbie a PM, but he's probably out having fun somewhere

My '65 is almost back home - took it out for a road test last weekend and it was hard to leave it. Just a few more weeks now....

Some more run in and tweaking and it's coming back to the roost. Can't wait.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

I'm assuming you're interested in the small one. From my reference material it is 36951-45.

Comment

Yep - thanks. Did they list it in black and white or just one PN?
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Just black in the book I have.

Comment

Based on what I see from my 58-68 original parts manual the last time the small one was listed was perhaps in the '65 parts catalog.

DOH!! Wait in the accessory catalogs I see them in '64 on as 36954-62 for Black and 36955-62 for White.

'64 is the earliest accessory catalog I have, but looks like the PN changed from 36951-48 some time in the early 60's.

Thanks again.
          Last edited by rbenash; 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM.
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Hi Ray,
            Yes i was away. It was my wife's birthday so we were out camping.
            The 65 parts books show no pads in the listings. The only pads listed in the '65 accessory catalog are the black 36954-62, or white 36955-62 slip on pads. No bolt on pad is listed. On page six of the '65 riders handbook the overhead photo of a "King of the Highway" equipped bike shows no pedal pad.
            Also the factory shot in "The Legend Begins" shows no pad. It does show the -62 pad on the '66, '67, and '68 photos, with the -65A "extension pad" appearing on the '69 photo and also in the '68 accessory catalog. In the '65 sales brochure it shows a photo of the -62 pad on a bike as well as a detail shot with no pad.
            So I say you should only use the -62 part number pad if using one at all.
            Robbie
            All these original pieces of literature are in my hands, so none of this is hearsay.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks - I did dig out my '65 sales brochure also now and saw the -62 pad there. So looks like these pads were accessory only type things and -62 pad in either color or none would be OK.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
              X