Panhead Hydraglide Fork Leg Covers-Cowbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead Hydraglide Fork Leg Covers-Cowbells

I'm trying to sort some parts for 1950 Pan. I have early covers (1/2" square nut underneath for screws) in two lengths, the shorter pieces being 3/8" less in overall length. I had assumed the short ones were 49 and 50 parts, the extra length added in 51. I don't see any part number suffix for the stainless covers to indicate a change in my oem books.Can anybody verify that? Any opinions offered would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Anybody have an original unmolested 49 or 50 model to measure? The shorter covers measure 6'' of stainless, not including the cad plated mounting steel, which you can't measure with the fork panels on.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I have several sets of covers which I've thought were 70s-80s. The OAL is 6 1/2", while the stainless part measures 6 1/4. They all have the spot welded square nut.
      VPH-D

Comment

I think the progression on the fasteners is 1/2" square nut, 7/16" square nut, 7/16" hex nut, and finaly a spot welded rectangular piece of flatstock with radiused ends. Not that any of that matters as they can't be seen installed on the motorcycle. I'm just trying to decide if the short covers belong on my 1950 model.
        Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

my cowbells on a 50 stock setup are 6 and a hair under 3/8 top piece with the top piece it is 6 5/8th
          this was original as I was the only person to take this apart

hope this helps
          Moose
          aka Glenn

Comment

Thanks Glen, and thanks VPH-D for having a look.
            Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
            X