Solo Seat 54 pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Seat 54 pan

I have a very clean original 54 pan in anniversary yellow, it has a traditional 54 and up style Deluxe solo seat . I have been told 53 and early 54 had a solo seat with a different apron and rosettes, what do you know?

My 1954 accessories book only shows the 54 and up style seat, is there an early and late solo seat for the 54 year pans? 1954 pans came in three basic configurations to my knowledge. The early bikes have three piece laminated steel D-rings on the pan covers. Mid 54 changed to the rare sand cast D-rings with TWO "COOLING" FINS on the outer perimeter. For late 54' pans H. D. developed the common single fin sand cast D-rings and also converted to straight leg frames. All 54 pans with aluminum D-rings came with only six drilled holes in the aluminum D-ring not 12 as traditional on later (1956) bikes.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Joe
    Last edited by Slojo; 06-11-2011, 10:33 AM.

look up worsham castle seats and mike should be able to answer all your questions. He did a 50 to the delux seat for my 50 pan and it was perfect !!! did i mention perfect
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

The 1953 Deluxe solo was available in 54. It had the same 3 piece apron (skirt) as the 1947--52 deluxe solos. The cover was waterproof plastic with a rolled edge and had red on white rosettes with a #12 finish washer and nickle plated rivets.

Comment

Paquette

Thank you. You have just accurately described a seat that I have viewed in a photo that is currently being offered as trade. My next question is what seat would be appropriate on a mid. period 54 pan (with the rare dual finn six hole sand cast D-rings)? It is my belief either seat would be fine with the later seat being the appropriate seat.
        Joe

Comment

Glenn
          I will contact Worsham Castle tomorrow thank you. They have a good looking web site.
          Joe

Comment

I have a magazine ad from July 1954 ( almost ready for 55 models) that shows the 1953 seat. It could be a stock photo, but IMHO would be documentation that both seats are correct for the entire 54 model year.

Comment

Working...
            X